With a few easy steps you can remove the handlebars from your bike to change the grips, for maintenance or for whatever other reason you might want handlebars off of a bike. Now you'll never have to suffer though old handlebar grips again.
Remove your handlebar grips in just a few minutes with these tips.
You Will Need
* Flathead screwdriver
* Spray lubricant
* Rubbing alcohol
* Air compressor
* Utility knife (optional)
Step 1: Remove plugs
Remove the handlebar plugs first. Then loosen the brake and shift levers and slide them toward the middle of the bar.
If you are not going to reuse the grip, cut it off with a utility knife.
Step 2: Slide screwdriver
Slide the screwdriver between the end of the grip and the handlebar and life up the grip. Then squirt a liberal amount of spray lubricant or rubbing alcohol into the space between.
Step 3: Wiggle grip
Wiggle and pull the grip out and away from the handlebar. Use an air compressor under the grip if you're unable to get it off.
Step 4: Install new grips
Install your new grips. Slide them over the handlebars the same way you slid the old ones off.
The starting point of the Tour de France was held outside French borders for the very first time in 1954
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades