Ever had a spoke break on your bike wheel? Don't throw the wheel away! Repairing a spoke only takes a few tools and some patience. You will need, at a minimum: a freewheel tool (used to remove the part of the wheel that engages the bike chain), a wrench, and a screwdriver. First, remove the tire and inner tube from the wheel. Next, remove any parts of the broken spoke that are accessible from the underside of the wheel rim. If the spoke is attached to the side of the wheel where the freewheel is located, you will have to first remove any components that secure the wheel and come before the freewheel (for example, a skewer, or the nut that attaches to the wheel hub). The easiest way to remove a freewheel is to place the freewheel tool in a vise. Set the wheel on top of the secured freewheel tool and rotate the wheel counter-clockwise until you can remove the freewheel by hand. You should now be able to access the place where spokes connect to the inside of the bike wheel. Run a new spoke through the hole that held the broken spoke and secure it to the outside part of the wheel using a screwdriver. To reassemble the wheel, complete the steps you took in disassembling it in reverse.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades